Ετικέτες

Κυριακή 5 Φεβρουαρίου 2017

Nightime Beauty Routine (winter edition)

Respecting a nighttime beauty routine seemed always very daunting for me.  Yes, I might be sleepy and the movie on TV very interesting but I keep on reminding myself that a beauty routine is also relaxing and soothing.  That's how it goes:

Step 1: Removing my daily makeup

I soak a cotton pad with Garnier Skinactive Micellaire Water and I try to remove as much makeup as I can.  In case I wear a waterproof mascara, I then use the Garnier Skinactive All in one Micellaire Duo-phase water using a q-tip.

I then soak a terry cloth in hot water and I take every single residue of makeup and dirt away from my face.  By the time I put the cloth on my skin the water is not hot anymore, it's rather warm.  All this procedure results in a clean and slightly exfoliated face. 


Quick review: Garnier Skinactive Micellaire Water, my go-to simple demakeup solution, very effective and no irritations whatsoever. I would repurchase it again and again.
Garnier Skinactive All in one Micellaire Duo-phase water, ideal for the average waterproof mascaraVery effective, no irritations. I would repurchase it.

Step 2: Anti-aging 

I use the number one weapon that modern cosmetology has to offer for anti-aging and this is the Vitamin A or retinol. 


Quick review: The product that i'm currently using is the La Roche-Posay Redermic R intensive retinol cream and I really like it.   I haven't noticed any irritations so far and I'm really pleased with the results. I use it only at nights and the morning after I make sure that I wear a sunscreen.

Step 3: Hydration

After my retinol cream has been completely absorbed into my skin, I use a small quantity of serum on my face and an eye cream around my eye area. 

 
Quick review: I'm currently using the Nivea Cellular Anti-age concentrated skin-refining serum which is very light with a fine emollient texture. For the eye area I use the Nivea Cellular Anti-age Eye Cream, a rather thick consistency product which does not irritate my very sensitive eyes.  They are both O.K. I guess, but nothing special in my opinion.  I'm still in search for my Holy Grail eye cream and night serum.
FYI: My almost 48 year old skin is normal with an oily T-zone, not sensitive, hyper pigmentation prone with a really sensitive eye area.

Have a nice night beauty routine!!!



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου